We see signs everywhere. On the way, it tells us where to go. When we are in the park, it reminds us to clean our pets. If we go to unfamiliar areas, it warns us of the danger in the area.
Signals are very useful. However, many people ignore it. There are people who use mobile phones even at a petrol station. Although there is no sign of smoking, some people still smoke. Many people do not take signals because they do not understand their significance.
There are a number of reasons why we should follow safety signals. Here are five of them:
1. It protects you. Signs provide information about the area you are entering. If there are areas in the building where you should not be, you will see a sign telling you to leave. It also serves as a warning. If the surface is hot, a sign will warn you that you can take precaution if you want to touch the surface.
2. It will keep others safe. Remember that your actions affect others. For example, a warning sign tells you that there are flammable materials in the room. It prohibits the use of your light or fire extinguishers. However, you underestimated it. You lit a cigarette and it caught fire.
The above incident not only puts you at risk but also puts everyone in the area at risk. You are not sure if anyone can stop the fire from spreading.
3. It protects you from trouble. There are signs that remind you of the law. On the streets, for example, a sign will tell you to slow down. There are also signs indicating that you are about to enter a school zone. Following these signs will get you out of trouble. You will not receive a ticket for speeding and you will help keep your children safe.
4. It leads you to safety. There are safety signs that advise what to do in an emergency. There are signs that point you to the place where there is drinking water. Signs also indicate how far you are from the next gas station.
The most important sign you need to find is the exit. When you go into a building, it is important to see the visible signs of where the safe exits are. Fire extinguishers or emergency exits are very important because you do not know when an emergency will occur.
5. It will help the society to find order. Imagine what would happen if everyone in society refused to follow the signs. Even if it is forbidden, people will cross any part of the streets. People throw their garbage everywhere. Eventually, they will ignore the warning signs, leading to a very chaotic neighborhood.
It is important to follow the signs because it is primarily for the well-being of the people. If the corporation or the government does not care about the people, they will not try to make those marks.