What is computer science?

Computer science is a modern technology world that uses a very common term. It is a multidisciplinary unit that handles data in a structured and unstructured way. It uses scientific methods and mathematics to process data and to extract knowledge from it. It works on the same concept as Big Data and Data Mining. It requires powerful hardware along with an efficient algorithm and software programming to solve data problems or to process data to gain valuable knowledge from it.

The current information trends give us 80% of data in an unstructured way while the rest 20% structured in a format for fast analysis. The unstructured or semi-structured details require processing to make them useful for today’s entrepreneurial environment. In general, this information or information is generated from the many different sources such as text files, financial logs, instruments and sensors and multimedia forms. Drawing meaningful and valuable insights from this information requires advanced algorithms and tools. This science proposes a value proposition for this purpose and this makes it a valuable science for today’s technological world.

How does computer science draw insights from data?

1. For example, today’s websites maintain the huge amount of details or information pertaining to their customer base. Now the online store wants to suggest product recommendations for each customer based on their previous activity. The store received all information about customers such as previous purchase history, products that flip through history, income, age and a little more. Here, science can be of great help by developing train models with the help of existing details and the store could recommend exact products to the customer base at regular intervals. Processing information for this purpose is a complex activity, but science can work wonders for this purpose.

2. Let’s look at another technological breakthrough where this science can be of great help. The self-driving car is the best example here. Live details or information from sensors, radars, lasers and cameras generally create the map of environments for self-driving cars. The car uses this information to determine where it should be fast and where it should be slow and when it should overtake other vehicles. Computer science uses advanced machine learning algorithm for this purpose. This is another best example to convey more about science how it helps in decision making using available information or information.

Weather forecasting is another area where this science plays an important role. Here this science is used for predictive analysis. Details or information or facts or figures collected from radar, ships, satellites and aircraft used to analyze and build weather forecast models. The developed models that use science help to predict weather and to accurately predict the occurrence of natural disasters as well. Without science, the data collected will be in vain.

The life cycle of computer science

• Collection: Science begins with data collection, data entry, data extraction and signal reception.

• Processing: This science processes collected data efficiently using data mining, data clustering and classification, data modeling and data summarization.

• Maintenance: Science maintains the processed data using data storage, data cleaning, data storage and data architecture.

• Communicate: This science communicates or serves data using data reporting, data visualization, business intelligence and decision making models.

• Analyze: This science analyzes data using exploratory or affirmative process, predictive analytics, regression, text extraction and qualitative analytics.

Leave a Reply 0

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *