There’s a popular theory that Wordle puzzles are getting harder now that The New York Times owns the rights. Indeed, this week has seen some extremely tricky puzzles doing the rounds, something which has caused one or two winning streaks to come to an end. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of some spoiler-free hints and clues to help fans arrive at the correct answer. If you need help with Wordle 309 for April 24, head to the bottom of the page for some handy hints. Good luck.
Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five letter word in just six attempts. Sounds simple, but it can be a lot harder than you think.
If you want to solve those Wordle puzzles, then you’ll need to pay close attention to the color of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You’ll also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 309 on April 24…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 309 hints and clues for April 24…
1. Wordle 309 starts with the letter I.
2. Wordle 309 contains two vowels.
3. It’s a struggle to move, especially on a Sunday.